Our Pastoral Manager is here to help your child with any problems which may be affecting them in school. In addition to being a trained Pastoral Manager, Mrs Robinson is a qualified higher level teaching assistant and can either offer help herself or signpost you and your child to a number of agencies, e.g.
- School nurse
- Counselling (in school)
- TESS (behaviour support)
- Mental Health Services
- Startwell support
Mrs Robinson is available to discuss any issues that may affect you or your children and she can give tips and advice around Attendance and behaviour support.
Mrs Robinson is also running the Pyramid Club a model of early intervention that works to support children’s social and emotional well-being. She will also be working alongside the Nurture group leaders who work with children who are invited to join Skylarks Nurture Group. Together they support children with low confidence and self-esteem, or who have friendship worries or anxieties at home and at school.
Some children are also chosen to work with Mrs Robinson in Circle of Friends a lunchtime club run for different year groups. This is to ensure every child is listened to and has friends in class.
Our school also has key workers in each class, these are Teaching Assistants who are specially assigned to children who may need encouragement and support as they arrive at school each morning. Mrs Robinson liaises regularly with the key workers to offer guidance, and where necessary, further assistance in their valuable work with these children.
Mrs Robinson can be contacted through the school office – 8.15am to 4.30pm daily or in the Key Stage 2 playground where she meets the children as they arrive each morning from 8.40am – 8.50am.
- Buds - (bereavement support group for children) - Telephone: 01942 867888, e-mail: email@example.com
- WFW (Wigan Family Welfare) - Help in dfealing with loss, anger etc. www.wiganfamilywelfare.co.uk
- Embrace – Support for parents of children with Special Educational Need or Learning Disability - Telephone: 01942 233323 www.embracewiganandleigh.org.uk
- Scope – Supporting parents of disabled children) Telephone 0808 800 3333. www.scope.org.uk
- Wigan Council Family Information Service – Health services, leisure and family activities (local). www.wiganfis.org.uk
- Young Minds – Behaviour problems Telephone 0808 802 5544 www.youngminds.org.uk/parents