We pride ourselves on our nurturing ethos. We aim to provide the highest quality pastoral support throughout the school. Working collaboratively, all staff ensure the nurturing ethos is embedded throughout using the Six Principles of Nurture.
We have a dedicated pastoral team to support the many differing needs of the children in our care.
|Mrs Whiting – Headteacher|
We aim to equip children with life skills in a safe and secure environment and offer various interventions and support for children depending on their needs. Mrs Whiting and Mrs Leech work with staff to identify children in school who may benefit from further support.
Mrs Ashbrook and our experienced teaching assistants deliver interventions to support emotional literacy such as lego therapy, talk and draw and pyramid club.
We have a full time nurture room – Skylarks. Skylarks provides a safe and secure base for all children’s social and emotional and academic needs. Mrs Pownall runs this full time and are supported by teaching assistants familiar to the children attending.
Within Skylarks the focus sessions are based on several strands from the Boxall Profile. The activities develop; emotional and social skills, interpersonal skills as well as academic progress. Pupils remain on the mainstream class roll with an expectation that they will return to the class within two to four terms.
- Buds - (bereavement support group for children) - Telephone: 01942 867888, e-mail: email@example.com
- WFW (Wigan Family Welfare) - Help in dfealing with loss, anger etc. www.wiganfamilywelfare.co.uk
- Embrace – Support for parents of children with Special Educational Need or Learning Disability - Telephone: 01942 233323 www.embracewiganandleigh.org.uk
- Scope – Supporting parents of disabled children) Telephone 0808 800 3333. www.scope.org.uk
- Wigan Council Family Information Service – Health services, leisure and family activities (local). www.wiganfis.org.uk
- Young Minds – Behaviour problems Telephone 0808 802 5544 www.youngminds.org.uk/parents