What is Eco Council?
Eco Council is a group of children who meet each half term to discuss eco friendly and environmental issues within school which prepares children to live their future lives with consideration for global issues. There are two eco councilors from each class from Year 2 to Year 6. They were elected by their own classes.
Why do we have an Eco Council?
- -To ensure our school is eco-friendly and prepares children to live with reflection of the environment.
- -To make pupils have a platform to voice their opinions.
- -To discuss and raise issues related to the environment.
What areas have we explored this year?
- Litter has been reduced thanks to regular litter picking and posters.
- Single use plastic has been reduced as milk is now served in a carton rather than a bottle.
- Less electricity is wasted thanks to the wonderful visual prompts made by the Eco Council.
- Less water is wasted thanks to the colourful posters around school.
- New taps are being fitted throughout school to reduce the amount of wasted water.
- Encouraged families to participate in the uniform swap scheme to reduce waste.
- The eco council wish to reduce the amount of school traffic.
- Plan a way to collect rain water.
- Creating a sensory garden / vegetable patch to improve mental health and wellbeing.
- Create a haven for wildlife.
- Explore global citizenship.
Who are we?
Year 2 - Amaya & Ella
Year 3 - Ellie & Brandon
Year 4 - Lily-Mai & Emily
Year 5 - Ruby & Carter
Year 6 - Ruby & Jack
Led by Mrs. Ashcroft and Mr. Mutch